Always practical in any kitchen a pot holder is always a great gift-idea. Made in a circular motion, the single crochet stitches are worked in the same direction to keep a clean and lean look. The dimensions are ca. 6 1/2 in. x 6 1/2 in. (16 cm x 16 cm).
Materials Needed for this Circular to Square Crochet Pot Holder
1 crochet thread cotton blue-green (size 3)
1 crochet thread cotton white (size 3)
1 crochet hook 3.5 mm (E-4)
Instructions on How to Make this Square Pot Holder
Use the blue-green thread make a slip knot. Make a loop with the thread and start
- 1st round: 6 sc (single crochet) and connect with 1 sl st (slip stitch).
- 2nd round: 1 cs (chain stitch) and 2 sc in each previous sc for a total of 12 sc, connect with 1 sl st.
- 3rd round: 1 cs, repeat 4x [3 sc in first of previous sc and 1 sc in each previous 2 sc] to make a square, connect with 1 sl st.
- 4th round: 1 cs, repeat 4x [3 sc in first of previous sc and 1 sc in each previous 4 sc], connect with 1 sl st.
- 5th to 30th round: 1 cs, repeat 4x [3 sc in first of previous sc and 1 sc in each previous sc by adding 2 sc to each straight row-section], connect with 1 sl st.
- 31st round: Change thread to white crochet threat and proceed the last sc-row as before.
- 32th round: Make the finishing slip stitches in this row and in first corner chain 10 stitches, sl st into next sc, 1 cs, 12 sc around chain, sl st onto project and sl st around project.