A tutorial on how to crochet a square pouch. By using a decorative button, this crochet idea gains an attractive look. A little pouch for your make-up, coins,gift-cards, or for a woman’s necessity. This cute little bag (appr. 4″ by 4″) is a fun and easy project to make in a little over an hour.
about 1 hours,
cotton yarn in favorite color,
crochet needle size I,
a pair of scissors.
ch chain stitch
sc single crochet
sl st slip stitch
Start your project with a slip knot and 16 ch
- round 1: poke needle in second ch, work 15 sc, 1 in each chain loop on one side and 15 ch on other chain loop side. Connect to first sc with sl st.
- round 2 – 16: 1 ch, 1 sc in each previous sc for a total of 30 sc connect last st with a sl st.
- round 17 – 21: 1 ch, 1 sc in 15 previous sc and turn your project around. This is the first row for your cover.
- round 22: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 12th and 13th to decrease.
- round 23: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 10th and 11th to decrease.
- round 24: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 8th and 9th to decrease.
- round 25: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 6th and 7th to decrease.
- round 26: 1 ch, 2 sc, 3 ch for the button hole, 2sc in last two sc.
- round 27: 1 ch, 1 sc in first sc, 3 sc around chain, and 1 sc in last sc.
Pull yarn through and sew it into your project.
Choose a button and sew it on to finish your pouch.