“Santa’s Big Belly full with Goodies”
This year, I decided crocheting a cute little Santa inspired bowl for teachers’ appreciation in my daughters’ school. By applying Santa’s colors with the red yarn and the accent with the white furry edge this bag filled with goodies has a big success. Especially the children asked if they could get one.
Material Suggested to Crocheting this Christmas Bowl:
Dimensions of Bowl
- Width: ca. ∅ 3.5”, 10 cm
- Height: ca. 4.5”, 12 cm
Bowl / Body
- 1 red acrylic yarn
- 1 white acrylic yarn
- 1 white fuzzy/fun yarn
- 1 hook size J/10 – 6.00 mm
- 1 pair of scissors
- 2 buttons of your choice
- 1 piece 12.5” (32 cm) long, 3/8” (9.5 mm) wide satin black ribbon with silver edge (polyester)
- 1 piece 1.5” (3.5 cm) long silver glitter tape .625” – 15.9 mm wide
- 1 white or red yarn for buttons
- 1 yarn needle
- 1 exactor knife
- 1 cutting board
Goodies for the Belly
- Home made cookies are always the best, but sometimes an assortment of pre-packaged cookies and chocolates might be preferable.
- 1 decorative bag to contain the goodies.
- 1 tie for the bag.
Approximate Time needed
- 30 minutes for the Christmas bowl,
- 20 minutes to decorate,
- 2 hours to bake and cool cookies, and/or 10 minutes to package the goodies.
Crochet Instruction for Santa Bowl
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
Decoration Instruction for Santa Bowl
- Add two buttons, three rows from bottom and four rows from top. Fasten the buttons with yarn.
- Make two straight cuts horizontal of skinnier side of the glitter tape with exactor knife. Insert black/silver ribbon from back to front through the cut and through front to back on other side to look like a buckle at one end of ribbon. Take the plastic cover off the glue side of glitter tape. Place the belt (ribbon) around the bowl, between the buttons and glue buckle on top the tongue of ribbon part.
- Bake cookies and fill plastic bag. Tie the top of plastic bag and place the bag into bowl.
Voilà! It is a fun way to celebrate the season and share a little special gift with other.