Make a unique crochet decoration for Easter by following the crocheting tutorial on how to make crochet egg holders. It’s a great crochet idea for Easter. Not only for Easter, you can display your hard-boiled eggs for a Sunday breakfast or brunch all-year-round.
This project is a medium difficulty level.
1 crochet thread cotton in various colors (size 3)
1 crochet hook 3.5 mm (E-4)
For the pictured Egg holders, take your thread and make a slip knot and applying your crochet hook chain 6 and connect with the first loop to form a circle with a sl st (slip stitch).
- 1st round: 3 cs (chain stitch) and 14 dc (double crochet) in circle. Connect with a sl st in 3rd cs.
- 2nd round: 1 cs plus 5 cs, repeat 4x 1 sc (single crochet) in 3rd dc and 5 cs. Conclude this row by combining with a sl st in first cs.
- 3th round: 1 cs, repeat 5x 1 sc, 3 dc, 5 cs, 3 dc, and 1 sc in each previous 5 cs gap. Connect with a sl st to the first cs at the end of row.
- 4th round: sl st in 3 dc and 2 cs, start with 3 cs plus 5 cs, repeat 5x 1 dc in bottom cs-arch, 5 cs, 1 dc in same bottom cs loop. Conclude this row by combining with a sl st in third cs.
- 5th round: 4 cs, repeat 5x 4 cs, 1 sc in center of cs-arch, 4 cs, 3 tc (treble crochet) combined in the loop, 4 cs, 3 tc (treble crochet) combined in the loop, 4 cs, 3 tc (treble crochet) combined in the loop. Conclude this row by combining with a sl st in fourth cs.
- Finishing bud: Now turn your work around. Make 2sl st in cs, 4 cs and 1 sc in bottom cs-arch make, 4 cs and 1 sc in bottom cs-arch. Turn your work around. 2 sl st in cs, 6 cs, 1 sl st to finish this bud. Sl st to the next bud to second cs of first cs-arch and repeat 4x as finishing bud instruction.
Drench with starch, or thick sugar water, and let dry in little glasses to form and stiffen.