Follow the instructions on how to make this easy 3D crochet heart. Filled with cotton balls this crochet heart can be added to key chains, be a lucky charm, hang inside closets as a perfume keeper (with a few drops of essential oils, or perfume), or used as a toy for a child.
Make this 3D crochet heart and let me know how it went by leaving a comment or any displayed social media.
This project is of easy difficulty level.
1 crochet thread cotton (size 4)medium
1 crochet hook 5.5 mm (I-9)
filling like cotton balls about 6 – 8 pieces
sl st slip stitch
cs chain stitch
sc single crochet
The crochet heart is 6 cm / 2 1/2 in. tall, and made in 3 parts. Take your thread make a slip knot make a loop with the tail end.
- 1st round: 5 sc (single crochet) around thread-loop to make a disc. Connect with a sl st in 1st sc.
- 2nd round: 1 cs, 2 sc in each previous sc for a total of 10 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- 3th and 4th round: in 1st sc, 1 sc in previous 10 sc, sl st in 1st sc. Pull thread through and cut. This is one of the “half-moon”.
Make two “half-moons”, but don’t cut the thread of the second one as you will continue with the heart shape. Connect the two with two slip stitches. This will be the top of the heart.
- 5th round: 1 cs, sc for a total of 16 sc, sl st in 1st sc of this row.
- 6th round: 1 cs, sc for a total of 16 sc, sl st in 1st sc of this row. Fill with cotton balls.
- 7th round: 1 cs, 2 sc, decrease 1 sc, 2 sc, decrease 1sc, 2 sc, decrease 1 sc, 2 sc, decrease 1 sc, connect with sl st
- 8th round: 1 cs, 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, connect with sl st. Fill some more cotton balls.
- 9th round: 1 cs, 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, decrease 1, sl st to connect across and finish by pulling the thread through. Cut the thread and pull it into the filling.