The beach was an influence in the color selection as well as its design in this crochet project. The ocean waves meeting the sandy beach simulated by the increase and decrease of row-colors. This cute trendy little bag to keep your daily make-up, pencils, valuables contained. The pouches dimensions are ca. 8 1/2 in. x 5 in. (ca. 21 cm x 13 cm).
A tutorial on how to crochet a square pouch. By using a decorative button, this crochet idea gains an attractive look. A little pouch for your make-up, coins,gift-cards, or for a woman’s necessity. This cute little bag (appr. 4″ by 4″) is a fun and easy project to make in a little over an hour.
about 1 hours,
cotton yarn in favorite color,
crochet needle size I,
a pair of scissors.
ch chain stitch
sc single crochet
sl st slip stitch
Start your project with a slip knot and 16 ch
- round 1: poke needle in second ch, work 15 sc, 1 in each chain loop on one side and 15 ch on other chain loop side. Connect to first sc with sl st.
- round 2 – 16: 1 ch, 1 sc in each previous sc for a total of 30 sc connect last st with a sl st.
- round 17 – 21: 1 ch, 1 sc in 15 previous sc and turn your project around. This is the first row for your cover.
- round 22: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 12th and 13th to decrease.
- round 23: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 10th and 11th to decrease.
- round 24: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 8th and 9th to decrease.
- round 25: 1 ch, beginning and end 2 sc combine 3rd and 4th sc, and 6th and 7th to decrease.
- round 26: 1 ch, 2 sc, 3 ch for the button hole, 2sc in last two sc.
- round 27: 1 ch, 1 sc in first sc, 3 sc around chain, and 1 sc in last sc.
Pull yarn through and sew it into your project.
Choose a button and sew it on to finish your pouch.